Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Near Mobile, Alabama - Dog River Marina

$1.00/foot/night.
Again not much to report. The most exciting thing today was crossing Mobile Bay. Oh yeah, when we pulled into the marina we learned that several locks on the Black Warrior-Tombigbee Waterway and the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway are closed till 8/22/14. So in the morning I'm going to talk to the folks here about doing some work on the boat... it needs a generator and a bottom job. We all need a good bottom job every so often. This will consist of scraping old paint off and repainting.  I'll let you know what I decided after pricing the work. This is a highly recommended marina for maintenance and repair work.
Sam and I will rent a car and drive home, I will continue the odyssey in a few weeks or whenever work is completed... if work is actually requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment