Thursday, September 11, 2014

Demopolis Lock Update

9-11-14 10:20 AM ...The lock attendant said they are now scheduled to open at 7:00 PM tonight, that's 24 hours later than the original plan. He did not elaborate.

9-12-14  9:30 AM ...The attendant said they opened last night... he has locked through 11 barges so far and has that many still waiting, mostly northbound.

9-12-14 2;30 PM ...I heard radio traffic while locking through Coffeeville Lock (9/4) indicating the problem at Demopolis may be more severe than originally thought, so I'm leery about resuming my trip without giving them some time, plus I'm concerned about the amount of barge traffic that's been held up, plus I don't have a deckhand to go with me until 9/22. I checked with the owner at the Fish Camp and she's okay with my boat taking up some of her limited dock space until the 22nd... I am very grateful to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment