While I was home I bought a few things....
Honda 2000i inverter-generator, Yeti 110 Tundra cooler, aft anchor with chain and line.
My nephew, Shawn, is my partner for the week and my son, Dennis, has agreed to drive us to Bobby's Fish Camp, Daddy is riding along to keep Dennis company for the trip home.
We left Chattanooga around 5:00 am with the bed of Dennis' truck loaded with all my new toys plus the usual stuff such as food and clothes.
We arrived at the boat at 11:00 am and spent the next hour loading our stuff, getting fuel and paying my bill. The bill could have been much worse if Laura Jane of Bobby's Fish Camp hadn't had mercy on my soul. Her transient fee is $1.50 / foot / night, she more than cut that in half although it was still pretty dang high.
Shawn and I shoved off at noon... about noon:01 I noticed my rpm, oil pressure and temperature gauges were not working, I dove under the panel and poked and prodded for a while but never found the problem. That's something I'll deal with later, if I set my speed at just over 7 mph my rpms should be good and I checked the oil and coolant prior to starting the engine, I'll just have to trust that the oil pressure and engine temp will be good as well.
During the course of the day we passed one tug and two pleasure crafts. Shortly after dropping anchor at 7:00 pm another tug passed by. We anchored on the east side of the river just below a highway bridge at mile 164.6. I cranked up my new generator and plugged in my 30 amp shore-power-cable, the 1600 watts provided by the little generator allowed us to run everything except the a/c unit. I was even able to charge the dead battery. Oh, I forgot to tell you that my old battery was dead but my new battery still had a good charge on it. Guess I'll soon have two new batteries.
Speaking of things not working, well as darkness was approaching I turned on the anchor light... crap, it didn't come on. After fussing, cussing and flipping the breaker back and forth furiously I remembered some brittle wires at the base of the mast... that was the problem.
And the lord said "let there be anchor light" ...and there was.
Honda 2000i inverter-generator, Yeti 110 Tundra cooler, aft anchor with chain and line.
My nephew, Shawn, is my partner for the week and my son, Dennis, has agreed to drive us to Bobby's Fish Camp, Daddy is riding along to keep Dennis company for the trip home.
We left Chattanooga around 5:00 am with the bed of Dennis' truck loaded with all my new toys plus the usual stuff such as food and clothes.
We arrived at the boat at 11:00 am and spent the next hour loading our stuff, getting fuel and paying my bill. The bill could have been much worse if Laura Jane of Bobby's Fish Camp hadn't had mercy on my soul. Her transient fee is $1.50 / foot / night, she more than cut that in half although it was still pretty dang high.
Shawn and I shoved off at noon... about noon:01 I noticed my rpm, oil pressure and temperature gauges were not working, I dove under the panel and poked and prodded for a while but never found the problem. That's something I'll deal with later, if I set my speed at just over 7 mph my rpms should be good and I checked the oil and coolant prior to starting the engine, I'll just have to trust that the oil pressure and engine temp will be good as well.
During the course of the day we passed one tug and two pleasure crafts. Shortly after dropping anchor at 7:00 pm another tug passed by. We anchored on the east side of the river just below a highway bridge at mile 164.6. I cranked up my new generator and plugged in my 30 amp shore-power-cable, the 1600 watts provided by the little generator allowed us to run everything except the a/c unit. I was even able to charge the dead battery. Oh, I forgot to tell you that my old battery was dead but my new battery still had a good charge on it. Guess I'll soon have two new batteries.
Speaking of things not working, well as darkness was approaching I turned on the anchor light... crap, it didn't come on. After fussing, cussing and flipping the breaker back and forth furiously I remembered some brittle wires at the base of the mast... that was the problem.
And the lord said "let there be anchor light" ...and there was.
How are the bugs?
ReplyDeleteThey were hungry when we got there but I think most had a full belly when we left.
ReplyDelete