Friday, October 17, 2014

A Twenty Mile Day in Nine Hours

I must apologize for having thought a five hour wait on my last three Tenn-Tom locks was excessive, because today Shawn and I waited on Wilson Lock for 2 1/2 hours and Wheeler Lock for 3 1/2 hours. We had about two hours of daylight left when we pulled into Joe Wheeler State Park's marina but we were wore out from the wait. We traveled up and down the channel outside of Wheeler Lock with wind gusts that must have been 20 to 25 mph accompanied by the resulting whitecaps.
One interesting thing did happen along the way. The America's Great Loop Cruisers Association known as the AGLCA holds an annual rendezvous at Joe Wheel State Park ever year and this years event ended last evening. So, this morning twenty of the boats headed west in a big heard and we passed said heard while traversing between Wilson and Wheeler locks.... it was a site.
The boat did great today except I did notice my voltage meter was pegged out at 16 volts, I'm not sure what to do about it though. I have switched over to my other battery and if the same thing happens tomorrow I'll know it's not a problem with a battery. Both batteries are brand new by-the-way.




Loopers in the distance

1 comment:

  1. I would venture a guess at the voltage regulator if it has such a beast built into the alternator if it has one of those. Over charging will really hasten the death of a good battery.

    ReplyDelete