Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Monday....not so good to me

Daddy and I both sleep till 5:00 without having to get up and pee... not bad for a couple of old men! 
We arrived at the mighty yacht early, the morning air was thick with moisture as we entered the salon....I went straight for the a/c and got it to going. I was so happy when I heard the compressor kick on. That joy took a nose dive to agrevation about 5 minutes later when it went silent....crap.
Not knowing anybody that will tell me to sit down and relax while they take care of every little thing, I sat down, took a deep breath and told myself to relax...it'll be alright, eventually.
I got hold of Tim, the guy that fixed the a/c the other day. Told him I didn't want to keep fixing a dying machine. He suggested I call Mermaid over in Fort Myers, same brand currently installed. Looked them up on the internet and found a M-16 work-horse...their words. It's a16,500 btu unit and is designed for boats up to 45 feet....that should work well for my 36 footer. I called and spoke to a guy named Dennis,  he said the M-16 sells for $1,860...hmmm, for some reason I was expecting it to cost close to $2,500.  Told him I needed it to be delivered in time for a Wednesday morning install...they didn't have one in stock....double crap.  He said the best he could do is have one assembled for me and it would be ready Tuesday afternoon. Not wanting to trust UPS I told him I'd be their to pick it up at 4:00. May I point out that Mermaid is located on Florida's west coast in Ft Myers....three and one half hours away. Oh well, at least I have a plan.
Bill called and reminded me to get another VHF radio...it's good to have one at the helm and another in the cabin. I went to Bethal Marine Electronics and bought a middle of the road unit for about $150. We dropped it off at the boat and headed for the Super 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment